5 Questions with Molly Li

MEM: Describe NC State in one word. Why?

Li: Discovery. To me, NC State is a place for students like myself to discover new opportunities, technologies, areas of interest, and communities. The possibilities are endless when it comes to what you can find on campus. Anyone can discover new things to learn about at NC State.

MEM: What is one thing you are trying to improve, and would appreciate any help?

Li: To be honest, I am having a little difficulty adjusting to the school routine, or lack thereof. Since every day is different, I haven’t found a good daily routine to stick to, which has led me to not use my time properly and sometimes procrastinate. To combat this problem, I am trying to plan study sessions in my calendar, such as Monday/Wednesday mornings and Tuesday/Thursday between 1-3 pm. If anyone is free during those times, please let me know if you’d like to study together!

MEM: What is the best recreational activity in your opinion?

Li: Kayaking! I love kayaking in the summer or fall when the weather is comfortable and the sky is pretty. It is a great way to enjoy the beautiful lakes we’ve got in the Triangle. If the water is shallow enough, you can even have a picnic out in the water.

MEM: Who is the most influential person for you?

Li: My mom 🙂 She is a strong woman who went through so much hardship in her life but never backed down. She instilled a sense of pride in me and taught me by example to never feel ashamed of who you are or where you come from. She sacrificed a lot in her life to provide me with a good education, but she never asked for anything in return. I respect her greatly and truly hope to have a fraction of her perseverance in life.

MEM: What is a fun fact that we don’t know about you? 

Li: One fun fact about myself is that I made the majority of all the acrylic door signs in Fitts-Woolard Hall. I worked at a sign shop that was responsible for making those signs. I was responsible for assembling *a lot* of those.