Five Questions with Nicky Sun

MEM: Describe NC State for you in one word. Why?

SUN: Opportunity. NC State is a really big school, and there are some really good opportunities to not only study what you want but also pursue your hobbies.

MEM: What is the best thing that happened to you as part of MEM?

SUN: The best thing that has happened to me as part of MEM was learning the soft skills required in industry. Everyone goes into industry with the technical knowledge, but few understand the soft skills required.

MEM: What is the best recreational activity in your opinion?

SUN: The best recreational activity is anything physical. This can include yoga, going on a walk or a light jog. I think getting some physical exercise can improve your performance in the classroom as well as help you get a good night’s rest.

MEM: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

SUN: “You are right where you need to be. You are not behind or ahead. Everyone goes about life at their own pace.” So often we compare ourselves to other people and envy what they have when, in reality, you should be grateful for the opportunities that you have had.

MEM: Who is the most influential person in your life?

SUN: The most influential person in my current life is my best friend. He is super self-driven and has been a great influence not only in my professional life but also in my personal life.