Five Questions with Jane Bendel

MEM: Describe NC State in one word for you.

BENDEL: Expansive. Not only are there a lot of colleges and programs, but there are a ton of research opportunities and clubs/activities to be involved in. I am still learning new things about NCSU in my 5th year of school here.

MEM: What makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning? 

BENDEL: I like trying new things, whether as simple as a new activity or food or planning and saving up for a trip to visit a new city or country. 

MEM: What is your daily routine to maintain your work/life balance in a healthy way? 

BENDEL: My daily routine is usually waking up on the earlier side, doing some kind of workout, and then getting ready for the day ahead. I really like to cook, so between classes and studying, I try to cook at least 2-3 meals every day, and that helps me take a break from schoolwork. Usually, I am productive until dinner time, and after dinner, I try to either go on a walk or hang out with my friends to unwind before going to bed.

MEM: What is one thing you are currently working on to improve and would appreciate any help?

BENDEL: One thing I am working on to improve on is staying consistent with my habits, especially when the semester gets busy.

MEM: Best recreational activity in your opinion?

BENDEL: I like doing anything outside, whether hiking, going for a walk or a run, or swimming.